Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Because they're buildin' a dam across the Cahulawassee River; they're gonna flood a whole valley, Bobby, that's why. Dammit, they're drownin' a river; they're drownin' a river, man.

Song of the day: Dueling banjos - Deliverance 
The song of the day for Thursday and Friday: Asfalt Tango - Fanfare Ciocarlia

Work Thursday was work. Grabbed a few beers at lunch and then afterward. Went and did some groceries after that. Then work was the same for Friday, wasn't expecting much change. Went in an hour early for a safety training course about common sense shit I didn't need to hear, SO I got paid an extra hour to zone out.

I'm sitting herre at Curt's, on his computer, half awake but fully coherent. I'm full, content, and buuuurnt OUT!

Today we were "Doin' the damn thaaang" out on the Quinebaug. Took a nice 7 hour canoe trip, a little burnt but it was a nice trip. I didn't go to sleep at all last night, just stayed up and posted videos to my facebook all night. I love getting lost in Youtube land sometimes. But I ended up paying for it... Do you know how hard it is to stay awake when you're not rowing a canoe... And then do you know how nerve-wracking it is to slip in and out of consciousness while balancing in a canoe? Just picture it and laugh.

So anyway, we popped in at 10 this morning and got back to Curt's at 3:50. We bumped into some other trippers that were completely in the bag and having a good time, went along with them for a bit. Finished off a 12 pack by 2. Wished I grabbed an 18-rack... But only by a little because I would have been regretting drinking more than I that.

 I'm beat. Just hanging out for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment