Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aloha, Mr. Hand!

Currently watching: ATHF "Monster" (2010)
Currently reading:  A Million Little Pieces by James Frey, almost done! And also working on The Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Last movie watched: Youth In Revolt - 4½ stars
Song of the day: The Ramones - I wanna be sedated

I can remember specific things from a while ago, but if you asked me what I had for breakfast this morning, I'd draw a blank. Simply put, I can't remember shit. So I decided I'm going to start a blog. I've kind of always wanted to do this but never really got around to it. I've had one in the past but rarely posted anything and eventually forgot all about it. No, this I want to take seriously and do a daily rerun of events. Just to put it on paper. For my own sake. If something truly entertaining happens I'll be more than happy to share but otherwise I just want to easily recall events from certain days and have memories to look back on. Digital journal. Because my penmanship sucks.

And to be honest, my life is pretty tame. Not much happens during the day in and day out of my week/month/year/life, mostly I do the same thing majority of Americans do; slave for measly pay 40 hours a week, get pissed at the traffic, drink beer, wallow in debt, bitch about the weather/economy/traffic/job/(see also: everything), watch too much TV, eat too much shitty food, practice poor sleeping habits annnnd repeat... And nobody cares. And I know this. And I'm OK with that. Everybody has problems of their own. I don't expect you to read the boring parts anyway.

Today I woke up at 12:30 on the dot after falling asleep around 8:30am. Awesome... Four hours of sleep. I'm getting too old for this.... Anyway I poked around Facebook for an hour.... Catching up with everyone's life is a time consuming task... I actually kind of want to work on my internet usage. Cut down and keep to a set time period every day. I don't think an hour in the A.M. and another after work is so bad. I also need to start stretching and getting some abs back... My lower back is starting to grind again. And I'd like to learn yoga. Just take the time to relax and keep my body in tune. Alright enough about self improvement.

ANYWAY! I tuned out for a few more hours after that watching mindless sitcoms. Then I went to work for 4:00. It seems that when we (I work with my girlfriend) leave at 3:00 we hit a bunch of dumbass traffic and get to work by 3:50. If we leave 5-10 minutes later and take another 5-10 minutes at the gas station we miss all the traffic and get to work by the same time... I think I'll test this theory again tomorrow...

Work was the same. Made 9mms. I'm a machine operator for a plastics company and one of our major customers is a major gun maker. Sometimes I get to mold gun frames. And other shit made out of plastic. It's boring factory work but I try to make the most of it. MOST of my fellow employees are pretty cool. I hate the bullshit drama and the pissing and moaning, and some of the poorest management I have witnessed in the workplace. My immediate supervisor is the shit, though.

Today I was told that my radio needs to disappear, that it shouldn't be out and I'm not even allowed to have it..... SINCE FUCKING WHEN?! I've been listening to it almost every day for about 3 months now and up until today it hasn't been mentioned as being a problem. Now I'll just have to wait until they leave. I swear if I get bitched at again I am going to have a fit (in a very composed and professional manner). I will make a mess because having that radio has not hindered my performance in any way. It actually helps with productivity and it would be foolish to banish radios. A happy worker is a diligent worker! I will walk right out the door. And they will probably cave and ask me to stay. And I will shamelessly demand a raise, radios (in the gun cage), and our 15 and 30 minute breaks back. Momma didn't raise no foo'... I had 20 minute lunches for most of my scholastic career, there is no way in hell I'm going back to it... It's bad enough some of the employees act like a bunch of high school, correction, grade school whiny, tattle-tailing brats! BAH! Jesus, I said I wasn't going to bitch and here I am whining. Oh well, getting it out of the way now. I took my radio back out after Polyphemus left, jammed out to the Beatles Love album and read a few chapters of The Player Piano in between working.

I was out of it today. I kept missing the machine and smashing guns or forgetting to put in a serial plate.... I fucked up on 15 guns, that's 15 too many... I need to start eating breakfast... And I need to find and include brain foods... Either way work flew by nice and fast. After work we brought a friend home and grabbed some McEvil for dinner. Watched some TV and dicked around on the internet. And that brings us to now. Hopefully I can find a way to make a more abridged version of my day... Or whatever. It's not like anybody is reading this... Yet?

2 comments:

  1. The More You Knooooowwww..... Wow that was classic.

    Good read dude.

    Hope all is well

    Nate

    ReplyDelete