Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's more comfortable for you to label me as insane.

 It's VERY comfortable... :p I fucking love that movie.

Current Song: Vanityites - I Am The Liquor

Current Movie: District 9 (2009)

Current Book: Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix

Current Mood: Jubilant

HOLY FUCKING SHIT A NEW POST!

Yep, I'm back, and hopefully capable of at least one weekly update with lots of fun stories and eventually if I get a cheap digicam, awesome pictures.

SOOOOOO, here's the fucking update!

I've been on a break from this because I was just tired my shitty fucking job. I didn't like where the things where going in my life. I know I used to just keep track of my daily routine but I have come to the realization that if I usually do the same damn thing every day, something isn't right.

So I decided to make some big decisions and changes. Longer story a little bit shorter, I moved to Long Island to pursue a career change that would bring me a few steps closer to the entertainment industry. I packed a uhaul full of my shit and took the ferry from Connecticut to Long Island. There is nothing more fun than driving a larger vehicle. Seriously.

Anyway, after two days of unloading, unpacking and finagling all of my possessions into a 12x4 room I welcomed myself home to Gateway Playhouse of Bellport, NY. Room 48, in the building called The Coop. This place is a like a compound, but not the creepy kind. Starting from the owners all the way down to us lowly general technicians and carpenters (of course the show wouldn't go on without us so we're pretty much more important than the actors.... :p), everyone is just a great and or interesting person. So many characters.

I love everyone of them and feel like a part of one big family. In the past 3 weeks we've been a well oiled machine and managed to clean this place up and load in a show and have everything on stage to the point where we ran out of things to do... But the past 3 days have been hell on wheels. Witht he combination of dust allergies and a head cold, on top of running tech and discovering more issues with the loading of a set that is not designed to fit the stage (i.e. a lot of fine tuning, see also, take just about everything off the truck, set it up... and then take 1/3rd of it back out.... but on the bright side this is the worst part of it) ... Jesus I'm bitching too much... Here, intermission... Read this:

 The Four Seasons Of The Tree

There was a man who had four sons. He wanted his sons to learn not to judge things too quickly. So he sent them each on a quest, in turn, to go and look at a pear tree that was a great distance away. The first son went in the winter, the second in the spring, the third in summer, and the youngest son in the fall. When they had all gone and come back, he called them together to describe what they had seen. The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted. The second son said no--it was covered with green buds and full of promise. The third son disagreed, he said it was laden with blossoms that smelled so sweet and looked so beautiful, it was the most graceful thing he had ever seen. The last son disagreed with all of them; he said it was ripe and drooping with fruit, full of life and fulfillment.

The man then explained to his sons that they were all right, because they had each seen but ONLY one season in the tree's life. He told them that you cannot judge a tree, or a person, by only one season, and that the essence of who they are--and the pleasure, joy, and love that come from that life--can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up.

If you give up when it's winter, you will miss the promise of your spring, the beauty of your summer, fulfillment of your fall. Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest. Don't judge life by one difficult season. Persevere through the difficult patches and better times are sure to come some time or later.

Boom. Positivified.


Anyway. For the most part, the beginning of the season has been amazing, this place is the cleanest I've seen it in the past three years since I've been here and it's going to be a pretty swell season.

The first show we're doing is West Side Story.  . . ... GAG... I dunno if it's just my rage for the dick of a set, but it's just a ridiculous show. The best part of this show, they put me in charge of the firearms! :p 357 magnum, pretty fun stuff. Besides all of that, I'm a deck hand backstage to help the show run. It's all hectic and fast paced and hurry up and wait and last minute decisions, but in the end the show must go on, and it will. It's fun. I assure you.

It's just captivating. You can go to a play and have fun... But to be able to see the empty stage progress to a full set of a street with buildings, and then all the lights get set up (FUUUUN! Slowly conquering my fear of heights), meanwhile all of the actors are on property in the studios rehearsing. Finally after all of the fine tuning the main rag goes up and the band starts to play and the show goes on. It's amazing.

Anyway, that's all I'll go on about for now....

I have to be up in about 5 hours, it's opening night today. Late nights and early mornings. Needs me a little nappy nap. So what if my hours are ridiculous. Nowhere else can I work in an environment with so much joking around and have fun and live for free... Duh... Winning. Has that been overused yet?

WHATEVER!
Signing off, your pal
Love, Peace, Positivity...

SAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment